The popularity of radio in the country still managed to hold on to its loyal crowd in spite of the growth of other forms of entertainment. The popularity of Radio Jockey in the last few years seemed to be on the high, and the chances of remaining so look likely. The life of RJ may seem all shiny and bright but hectic and flexible work timing makes their life quite difficult.
The absence of fixed working hours forced many good RJs to quit the field. Currently, the prospect to flourish a career of RJ looks very likely as there are more than a thousand radio stations operating in various languages. In this blog, we will take a closer look into the life of a Radio Jockey and what it takes to be a good one.
- A person with a pleasant personality and good knowledge can find the job of an RJ as a cakewalk. Now, if a person possesses a great presence of mind and can crack humorous jokes can find them hosting live shows with audience interaction.
- The daily life of an RJ is not a walk in the mark. The long hours of work starting from 6 in the morning to midnight can take a toll on the health of any person. An RJ hosting the morning show may find it hard to adjust the time for his breakfast and can have one only after he completes his session. Unfortunately, that is not all; in the world where cost-cutting is on the high, every RJ needs to put some time in the office after the job of studio gets done.
- When a person finally decides to take up Radio Jockkeying as a profession, he needs to pick the best college in the country with KIMB very close to be the best. A good institute will not train you properly but also provide good placement assistance to help them crack into the field.
- The prospects of a Radio Jockey looks quite bright as the number of stations is increasing every day, and the need to hire a jock will remain in the market.
- The job is highly rewarding both monetarily as well as satisfaction wise. A junior jock can earn as much as 30k in his early years but the salary can go high with time. A seasoned jockey can easily make as many as 3 lacs INR every month working for any reputed stations.
For more information, visit https://kimbindia.com/