On the laptop screen, tv screen or mobile you see the people who are delivering the news or hosting a show very nicely. They called the TV reporters or Anchors. If you want to become a professional reporter o anchor then you should know the points.
The Skills You Need For This Profession –
- Camera friendly – To become a professional anchor or reporter the first skill you need is camera friendliness. Everyone is not born with this skill, so you need to practice this skill for this profession.
- For a TV reporter or anchor, soft skills are also needed. You should have excellent writing, interviewing skills also.
- As a TV reporter, the persistence of current affairs and history is very important.
- Whether you are appearing in TV o social media you must stay neutral. This is a very important thing you should maintain.
The Things You Should Know About This Profession –
As a TV reporter, you will get the chance to stand in the limelight and more exposure. For this, you will get many followers on your social media handle. So always try to connect with people as much as possible. That will help you to collect the information and reactions of the public. In this profession, there is no fixed schedule. So be ready for this irregular work schedules. Many unpredictable things can happen to you for this profession.
How You Can Become A Reporter?
This is a very important question. For any work, you need passion and dedication. This is an important thing. And for this profession, you need a relevant education. You can pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism. Then join as an intern primarily. If you can complete the Master’s Degree in Journalism you will get a better opportunity in this profession.
The Educational Qualification For This Profession –
The first thing you need a Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism. Also the comprehensive degree courses you can pursue –
- News production
- Live reporting
- News writing
- Multi-cam setup
- Video editing
- Documentary or feature production
- Crime, business, sports, politics or entertaining reporting.
- Digital media
- The soft wares you can learn –
- Adobe Photoshop for photo editing.
- Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro for video editing.
How To Get A Job?
After pursing the degree join as an intern. After the internship period, you can send the tapes of your on-air time to the channel authorities with your CV. Try to find the requirements and apply. For this job, you need to step out of your comfort zone.
For more information, visit kimbindia.com